Committee Meeting Minutes

Committee Meeting – Wednesday 29th November 2017 at 7.00pm

Venue – Crosskeys

 

Present: Richard Utting (Chair), Chris Lilley (Treasurer & Subscription Secretary), Neil Coward (Junior Leader), Mark Rhodes (Website & 2nd Team Captain) and John Scott (Tournaments/Club Mark)

Apologies for Absence

Ivan Curties (Junior Section)

 

Minutes of the last meeting

These were signed as a true and correct record

 

Matters Arising

All actions reviewed and actions agreed as per list supplied after the previous meeting. As follows:

RU

· Corporate – all agreed as follows:

Ø RU and CL to proceed as agreed at the meeting of 12th October (see minutes) – organise for January

· Membership Survey - ACTION: RU to send out via website in January

· Cleaning – RU to chase CleanSpec re: cleaning of changing rooms and showers.

· New main sign on club house

ACTION: erection of sign in January

· Guttering and fascia at rear – Action - RU to chase Shaun Marston

CL

· Corporate as above

· Thermostats and showers – one shower completed.

ACTION: to organise for the remaining showers to be completed by paying Rob. Estimate to obtain

NC

· Social Media – seems unlikely that this is a high priority as there is no one to take this on.

 

MR

· Website & Mail Chimp –MR has reviewed some areas but RU to send his changes

JS

· Clubmark – to review once tournaments are completed. Low priority at present.

All

· Child Welfare/Guy Huxtable – meeting to arrange with GH for either 6th, 13th or 20th December. RU to contact with dates. JS, CL, RU, IC and NC to attend

ACTION: RU to advise on date and time of meeting

 

Accounts & Subscription Update

CL – noting to report other than the fact that the club was doing well.

ACTION – CL to forward accounts by email.

 

Club Development including:

· General Maintenance – to consider further in January with sign etc

· Court 3 – due to continuing water ingress it was agreed that the court should be closed for future use and that polythene should be put down to stop any further water damage.

Other uses to be considered e.g. table tennis tables etc.

ACTION: polythene to obtain and put down and court to be closed by January. To advise members via website

· England Squash & Club Mark - as above

· On line booking system –after review of Neil’s system and Wazygoose it was agreed to proceed with Neil’s and for this to be up and running by the end of January 2018.

ACTIONS:

Ø Neil confirmed that it will need its own operating system – NC to organise

Ø NC to manage system

Ø Court 3 to be removed from booking system

Ø Use instructions for members to be created and to be part of ‘Welcome Pack’ for new members. Also to be put on website

Ø Need to ensure that all new members get log in details as soon as their membership is confirmed.

 

Membership Development

· Juniors – lower numbers but still operating reasonably successfully. RU confirmed that he had emailed Beaconside, St Catherines and North Lakes schools. Agreed that contact should also be made with Newton Rigg

· Seniors – nothing to report

· Social/Family Squash – look at some sessions in January. To consider further

· Corporate – as above

 

Coaching

· Juniors & Adult – nothing to report

 

Open Nights/Tournaments/Teams & Leagues

· Handicap Tournament fixed for Friday 1st December

· Open - to be held in April 2018 – date to be agreed.

 

Advertising and Promotion – update on:

Ø Website & Mail Chimp – as above

Ø Banners & Signs – as above

Ø Sponsorship – nothing to report

Ø Social Media – as above

 

AOB

Fees for non-members – it was agreed that these should be clarified as there was some confusion over rates.

Club night

Ø Adult - £3 + £2 non-member fee

Ø Child (under 18 and Students) - £1.50 + £1 non-member fee

Visitor fees at all other times - £2 per session + meter fees (£1 for under 18’s and students)

Above to be communicated on website and via posters in club house